BTW using "vga=0" makes it work.
Hi,
I have just burned the latest version of knoppix on CD. When I boot all looks ok until it starts X and then the monitor displays an error message "invalid input". I assume that this is because it is using some mode my monitor does not support.
I have checked the checksum of the ISO image.
I have tried the following "cheat codes":
knoppix screen=1280x1024 vsync=60
knoppix xmodule=vesa
knoppix fb1024x768
all with the same result (i.e error message).
During the boot it looks like it detects the graphics card OK (7600GT).
I booted into text mode only and looked at /etc/X11/xorg.conf and this looks like it detects the monitor ok, but there's nothing about the graphics card in there.
(PC: P965 E6420 2G RAM, 7600GT, DVD Combo drive)
Please advise.
BTW using "vga=0" makes it work.

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586
$149.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
(Lot of 2) Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz CPU Processor SR0PK LGA1155- CPU599A
$60.00
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99