-
Senior Member
registered user
Remaster 5.1.1 size problem
Dear all,
I'm trying to remaster knoppix 5.1.1 by adding five lines in the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig script.
I followed the document at http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto and stopped before the "chroot" step.
I do not want to change any software so I just edit the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig script and then save it.
Then I just jump to the end of the document to rebuild the compressed KNOPPIX file and then build the ISO image.
Everything went fine until I tried to burn the ISO image to cd. I found out that the final ISO file is more than 700MB.
I expect the ISO file after remastering could be able to fit in one CD since I only added 5 lines of shell script code to the system.
I think I might have missing something or 5.1.1 uses diffferent compression program or difference compression parameters so the final product is much better and can be fit into one 700MB CD.
Anybody can help?
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By vijirin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-23-2006, 08:39 PM
-
By Meteora184 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
-
By bwathen in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:53 PM
-
By harken in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 03:23 AM
-
By bluegreenone in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

MHD Wireless OBDII "Universal" Wifi Flash Adapter V2 Brand New
$120.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$288.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00