-
Junior Member
registered user
Mouse keeps freezing every few seconds, why?
I just downloaded 5.1.1, and it has the same problem I saw in the 4.X releases.
The mouse keeps freezing periodically -- perhaps every five seconds, for about a second each time.
My hardware: Asus Terminator (A7VT) with Sempron 2800+
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse with wheel and LED, plugged in via USB
(the mouse has a USB-to-PS2 adapter as well, but it burned out a few months ago).
At this point, I am still using Knoppix 3.7, because that is the most recent release I can find which doesn't have either this mouse-freezing problem or the weird new filesystem for USB-flash drives (which tended to go splat and lock the machine up for several minutes, and sometimes caused data loss). I first noticed the mouse freezing in 4.1 when I tried that (never saw 4.0).
Any ideas? Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By meelosh in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2007, 05:53 PM
-
By rash in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
-
By zlibre in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By peip in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 06:57 PM
-
By Phredd in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-27-2002, 02:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D 8-Core 3.0GHz Socket AM4 CPU 4MB L2 96MB L3
$330.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98