-
Junior Member
registered user
Mouse keeps freezing every few seconds, why?
I just downloaded 5.1.1, and it has the same problem I saw in the 4.X releases.
The mouse keeps freezing periodically -- perhaps every five seconds, for about a second each time.
My hardware: Asus Terminator (A7VT) with Sempron 2800+
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse with wheel and LED, plugged in via USB
(the mouse has a USB-to-PS2 adapter as well, but it burned out a few months ago).
At this point, I am still using Knoppix 3.7, because that is the most recent release I can find which doesn't have either this mouse-freezing problem or the weird new filesystem for USB-flash drives (which tended to go splat and lock the machine up for several minutes, and sometimes caused data loss). I first noticed the mouse freezing in 4.1 when I tried that (never saw 4.0).
Any ideas? Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By meelosh in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2007, 05:53 PM
-
By rash in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
-
By zlibre in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By peip in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 06:57 PM
-
By Phredd in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-27-2002, 02:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$448.20

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory
$399.99

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4 2400T -RA1-11-MC0 M393A4K0BB1-CRC4Q M (SET OF 4)
$650.99

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY
$500.00

Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF
$120.00