-
Wireless network with BT voyager 1055
Hi there!
I am trying to get my wireless adaptor working using the 5.1.1 CD. It is a BT Voyager 1055 USB adaptor. I am (more or less) following the instructions in the network FAQ. Here is what I am doing:
# ndiswrapper -i /media/hda2/drivers/btvr1055/bcmrndis.inf
# cp /media/hda2/drivers/btvr1055/*.sys /etc/ndiswrapper/bcmrndis
- for some reason it fails to copy the sys files. I found this out on another forum and copy them by hand
# ndiswrapper -l
bcmrndis: driver installed
device (XXXX:XXXX) present
- sorry, forgot to note down these numbers!
# depmod -a
- recommended by the ndiswrapper homepage
# modprobe ndiswrapper
And this is where I get stuck. The light remains resolutely off on the adaptor and dmesg | grep ndis only tells me that ndiswrapper has been loaded - nothing about loading the actual driver for the adaptor, so no wlan0 appears.
These are the exact same driver files it uses under XP - I copied them to my drivers/btvr1055 directory to make it easy to remember where they are located.
(PS I can't use KDE as I don't have enough RAM)
Similar Threads
-
By Lex-Man in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:18 PM
-
By rpk073 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By MatDJ in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 04:34 PM
-
By largeagain in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2005, 05:43 PM
-
By spreadthecream in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-31-2002, 12:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00