A bit off the wall, but I suspect normally taken care of by broadband connection and time server: The default Knoppix time zone offset seems to be US EST, though I would have thought it GMT. Anyhow, Knoppix seems to apply a three hour negative offset to my selection of US PST relative to the BIOS-set clock. I could fix this by selecting US EST for the time zone, but there must be some way of adjusting the default value, as I can't believe Deutschland uses US EST as a default.
Actually, I'm surprised that such an offset is applied to the clock, rather than using the time zone for inet communications. Would welcome any explanations, guidance. Very new to Knoppix, or any Linux, for that matter.
Thanks

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00