-
apt-get\dpkg read from text file errors
I have started remastering 5.1, modelling it after std. Anyways, I am having issues when I am updating from a text file list of packages or removing a list of packages from a text file. If it finds one it does not have, it will not go to the next line of the file. How can I tell apt and\or dpkg to ignore these and go to the next line?
I have googled for some argument I can thow into my string but have had no luck. Is this not possible?
some examples of what I am doing:
cat packagesiwant.txt | xargs apt-get install
cat packagesidontwant.txt | xargs dpkg --purge
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By Vermilion Sparrow in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-24-2007, 11:50 PM
-
By bonkas in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
-
By Needtoknow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 02:27 AM
-
By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-08-2004, 03:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$90.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99