I had knoppix installed but with grub. However after removing the partition and reformatting the partition knoppix was on and trying to install again it says drive is read only. I am thinking that linux may still be there as I did the partition thing twice as the first time it still booted under grub back to knoppix. Thats when I used the FDISK/mbr.
If I have a current system state would this help my situation and if so how? Secondly is there anyway I can know whats up with the read only access.
Keep in mind I am installing this one a second partition on a second hdd. The primary partition on the second hdd is part of the primary xp os that I need to keep as is as it has my software for the first hdd installed on it. So whats next? Please reread over this a couple of times to understand my situation. Thanks!

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD
$19.90
Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive
$49.00
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$343.98
ST2000NM0023 SEAGATE 2TB 7200 RPM 6G DP SAS MDL 3.5“ HARD DRIVE
$14.90
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99