Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Adminstrative Password for gparted

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2

    Adminstrative Password for gparted

    Hi to the users of this forum,

    I booted from the knoppix cd in order to start gparted, because I need to check my harddrive (cannot enter operating system XP. When I want to open gparted a pop up window opens and asks me for the administrative password (says: The application gparted-bin lets you modify essential parts of your system). The windows xp system had no administrative password in case it refers to this one. I dont know what password to enter in order to start gparted. When opening hda1 it says drive cannot be included, failed to mount dev/hda1, operation not supported, mount is denied because ntfs is unclean. suggestion is to boot windows, which is not possible.

    For any hint or suggestion I am very grateful.

    Harry

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2
    HI,
    already resolved, thx!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1
    ...and the answer was....?

    I'm getting that too.. all I wanted it for was gparted.. in fact I found a livecd version: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

    Simon.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12
    There IS an administrator account, but it hasn't got a password. Gparted doesn't understand that :S
    So, to start Gparted with administrator access:
    Open the Konsole (in the KDE panel) and type
    Code:
    sudo gparted
    to start gparted with administrator rights.


    Another thing:
    failed to mount dev/hda1, operation not supported, mount is denied because ntfs is unclean.
    I also got this error, while there was nothing wrong with my drive. I just started Win XP and it worked again. For you, this isn't possible though.
    You might try mounting it immediately after Knoppix finished booting, before starting other programs, and then save your configuration. But I think this won't work if the error is more serious.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 01:32 PM
  2. Knoppix Hard Drive Install, want to boot Gparted live CD
    By alisoncolette in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
  3. Getting into GParted loop...help!
    By geomur in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 11:53 AM
  4. gparted cd DATA LOST
    By aprac00 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 08:27 PM
  5. Scared to use qtparted or gparted
    By meburke in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99