-
cd boot problems
I have an old system that does not support cdrom boot in the bios, I want to install knoppix v5.1 and I have tried using a boot manager but when I boot up the manager menu just shows the HDs and the floppy.
Is there any way I can boot from the cdrom on this old system ????
Similar Threads
-
By AngelMercury in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-11-2006, 12:11 AM
-
By michaa in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By fishjg in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
-
By Loper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:38 AM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99

CHEECENT CR202 WiFi USB Print Server 2-Port for Windows, Mac, Linux
$64.99

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 48 Core Unlimited User CALs CoA Authentic.
$266.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00