Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Saving KDE Panel Configuration

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    13
    I fixed the problem. I was going to try loading without the config, alsactl store, save it, reboot with config and have it automatically restore from that at boot, but it turned out to be unnecessary. On a hunch, I just went into my BIOS and disabled onboard sound. It eventually started randomly giving/not giving me sound when I would boot up, regardless of whether I loaded the config. I still have no idea what specifically caused it, but disabling onboard sound fixed it completely. There's no real reason I need onboard sound, but it came enabled by default, and I never saw a reason to change it. Hopefully anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation will benefit from this thread.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks for taking the time to help, I really apprciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. saving configuration
    By fungi in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
  2. Panel Configuration
    By gadgerama in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 10:03 AM
  3. Saving configuration?
    By politelyerased in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 11:56 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  5. Saving the configuration
    By djenner in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$400.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor

$27.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND

$199.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98