-
Junior Member
registered user
I partitioned my flash drive, splitting it between my Knoppix install and the rest of the free space where I placed my persistent image. This solved the problem of my settings not all being saved through the "save configuration" deal, just in case anyone was wondering whether that was indeed the culprit. Unfortunately, the flash drive is written to relatively often when set up this way, and I don't want to wear mine out with too many writes. I was not able to write protect the image or the partition in any way after creating the image, and there is no way to configure the loading of the image at startup so that it won't write certain things, though you can reduce the number of writes by a fair amount.
The only other idea I have is using the "Save Configuration" feature, and then manually adding files to configs.tbz if I can find out where the settings I need are located. I don't have time to try this at the moment, but I'll let you know if it works out. I thought the feature was more sophisticated than the way it's explained on the Wiki ("Behind The Scenes: The save config script actually saves all true files from /etc that are missing or different from the distribution (at /KNOPPIX/etc)"). It seems that it just extracts everything to the root directory on startup, and the archive is just a big group of files with the full directory path preserved. This seems really easy, and I have a good feeling it will work.
Similar Threads
-
By fungi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
-
By gadgerama in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 10:03 AM
-
By politelyerased in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 11:56 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
-
By djenner in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$44.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

M2 2280 PCIe 4.0 solid-state drive high-speed storage device 1080P RO 2TB NGFF
$99.00

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99