-
Junior Member
registered user
I fixed the problem. I was going to try loading without the config, alsactl store, save it, reboot with config and have it automatically restore from that at boot, but it turned out to be unnecessary. On a hunch, I just went into my BIOS and disabled onboard sound. It eventually started randomly giving/not giving me sound when I would boot up, regardless of whether I loaded the config. I still have no idea what specifically caused it, but disabling onboard sound fixed it completely. There's no real reason I need onboard sound, but it came enabled by default, and I never saw a reason to change it. Hopefully anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation will benefit from this thread.
Similar Threads
-
By fungi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
-
By gadgerama in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 10:03 AM
-
By politelyerased in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 11:56 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
-
By djenner in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11
$699.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99