-
Help?
Hey folks, I'm currently a university student in the Caribbean. I'm majoring in Computer Science and this semester I'm doing the course, operating systems. I have never used any other operating system besides Windows, mostly Xp. I've heard and read about open source but the concept is still unfamiliar to me. I must get familiar with UNIX and LINUX though because my OS course is programming in this os. In our lab session we load OpenSuse, wats is this exactly? another os? I am familiar with C programming though and I actully like that language. Basically I need help visualising how UNIX and LINUX are related and differ from what I have known all my life. I've been told that LINX is built on the UNIX platform, what is a platform in this sense? I've read about 'stuff' built in the UNIX platform like Ubuntu and AIX, is that right? Thanx lots
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99