witch knoppix version
cd/live Dvd
I have a toshiba satelite laptop, (old) and I would like to install my damm small linux onto it.
I have millenium on the laptop now so I would like to do a dual boot if possible, in the DSL there are scripts to install and make boot floppies but when I run cfdisk I get an error, it cannot find HD, even though it is mounted???
I am a newbie to linux so could someone please give me a poke in the right direction to be able to do this![]()
witch knoppix version
cd/live Dvd
Read the post, he's not talking about Knoppix at all.Originally Posted by magic33
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
(Can we assume that you have tried http://damnsmalllinux.org/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi (?) - that should be your best place to get help.)
Anyway, FWIW ...
From what system are you running cfdisk ? ... and don't mount the target HD.Originally Posted by tizwaz
To see what's going on with your partitioning more easily I recommend that you get hold of a GParted live CD (or a recent Knoppix CD which has GParted).
If your millenium system is on the NTFS file system then the operation is all at your own risk for the millenium system & data on it- you should be OK if it's FAT32.
Then, if you get that far, if you are not using a seperate boot manager you will need to accept the 'install boot manager to MBR' choice offered by the DSL installation script.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99