Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't find Knoppix filesystem ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4

    Can't find Knoppix filesystem ...

    Hello,
    I am using Debian unstable on my laptop acer aspire 5102wlmi.
    I have remaster Knoppix 5.1.1 and all works fine (I followed the wiki tutorial) and finally I burned the knoppix.iso
    on a CD.
    When I booted on the CD I got:

    Code:
    running kernel 2.6.19
    ..........
    Enabling DMA acceleratio for hda
    Can't find KNOPPIX  filesystem, sorry
    ..........
    knoppix#
    Can someone explains to me the cause of this problem ?

    tia

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4
    Hello,
    I understood the problem that I encountered:
    I burned the knoppix.iso that I have remastered on a RW-CD, and after a while, I suspected that there was a problem
    with the RW-CD and knoppix.
    To check out that I thought I copied my original R-CD knoppix(xhich works fine) on the RW-CD and when I booted on the RW-CD
    I obtained the same problem: "can't find knoppix filesystem ...".
    Finally I put my knoppix.iso (remastered) on a pendrive and knoppix booted like charm.
    (But not all pendrives are able to boot ....)

    hth

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    103
    You should burn it to CD at low speed not exceeding 8X to get it to work.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    By donkeyass in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 08:33 AM
  2. Can't find knoppix filesystem, sorry.
    By Snifro in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
  3. can't find Knoppix filesystem
    By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
  4. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By pskipw in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
  5. Can't find Knoppix filesystem
    By befuddled in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 03:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter picture

apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter

$9.99



Apple 96W USB-C Power Adapter - White - Genuine OEM - NEW SEALED - MacBook Pro picture

Apple 96W USB-C Power Adapter - White - Genuine OEM - NEW SEALED - MacBook Pro

$44.99



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$20.59



Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air picture

Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air

$8.99



Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter  A1344 ~ FREE S/H picture

Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter A1344 ~ FREE S/H

$12.99



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



Genuine OEM Apple iPad 10W USB Power Adapter 30 Pin Charger picture

Genuine OEM Apple iPad 10W USB Power Adapter 30 Pin Charger

$12.99



LOT OF 2 OEM APPLE MAGSAFE POWER ADAPTERS - MD A1172 AND MD A1222 picture

LOT OF 2 OEM APPLE MAGSAFE POWER ADAPTERS - MD A1172 AND MD A1222

$25.00



Genuine Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter Wall Charger MacBook Air Pro OEM A2743 picture

Genuine Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter Wall Charger MacBook Air Pro OEM A2743

$29.99