did you ever figure this out? i've got EXACTLY the same problem, let me know if you did.
I have installed mysql-server-5.0, php5 and phpmyadmin in my remaster. It starts very well, however, when I try to access mysql-server using phpmyadmin, it tells me:
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
I am sure I have used the right password but it will not accept it. The same happens when I install the remastered version on my hard disk.
But, when I install the same on my installed not-remastered system it works fine. This indicates that this problem has to do with the chroot environment. Did anybody know how to solve this?
did you ever figure this out? i've got EXACTLY the same problem, let me know if you did.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00
Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99