-
Junior Member
registered user
DVD Disk Type
I have downloaded the Knoppix 5.2 torrent and would like to know which type of DVD disk to burn it to.
Thanks.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
DVD+R DVD-R DRD+RW and DVD-RW all work for data and booting. I expect DVD-RAM would work as well if your hardware supports it. I would suggest using rewriteable media for Knoppix if you have it, although the infrequent releases lately may make that moot.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Junior Member
registered user
OK Thanks. I'll try a DVD+RW.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I burnt to the DVD+RW, but my computer won't boot from it - goes straight to Windows. It boots fine from the Knoppix Live CD. Is this a disk problem or maybe my computer can't handle a boot from DVD?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Tried another disk and it works fine, except for the 3D desktop, which, I'm told when booting, will not work, because composite rendering is not enabled.
Can I enable this myself?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By highanddry in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-27-2008, 04:59 AM
-
By GuessWho in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 05:08 PM
-
By jehan60188 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 06:06 AM
-
By rcastel in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 11:20 PM
-
By spydie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 01:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

New Samsung FIT Plus 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive MUF-64AB/AM
$34.95

2 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version
$55.00

1 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version
$40.00