As root:
# pppoeconf
Also as root:
# usbview
G'Day .. I'm just new to this forum and even newer to linux/unix ... I have just got a copy of knoppix and it boots up fine even finds my harddisk...
Now the problem ..it's not finding my ADSL USB Modem ... D-Link dsl-200
I have check at D_links site .. http://www.dlink.com.au but they don't mention linux/unix or anything apart from Micro-whatsis-name
Please Help
The Doctor
As root:
# pppoeconf
Also as root:
# usbview
your modem is at :
http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/modems.php?lang=en
But don't ask me how to enable them.
It's about during usbmonitoring during windoze session ,capturing the firmware. And afterwards combining it with their driver to upload the firmware with the regional settings of you local dsl provider.
It should work though . (but I'm not sure if it'll wotk with a knoppix bootcd)
Message to admins ,moderators and other linux freeks:
Does anybody has a script to automate the usage of this kind of dsl-usb modems under knoppix this would be very very nice.
The principle used to make the modem work ,should work for about 32 models of these usb dsl modems .
Greetzzzz,
Sorry Rickenbacherus I I do not understand a single word, perhaps you would be good enough to explian it in ENGLISHOriginally Posted by rickenbacherus
kthekink not real sure what your talking about either but will check the link out thank you for that, and yes including scripts for usb adsl modems would be very benificial.
The Doctor
[quote="TheDoctor"
Sorry Rickenbacherus I I do not understand a single word, perhaps you would be good enough to explian it in ENGLISH
[/quote]
pppoeconf - In a root console window use the command to configure your pppoe connection.
usbview - In a root console window use the command to view your usb devices.

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00