-
HD Crash - Can't Mount Partitions and need HELP!
I am running 5.1 from a bootable CD and am completely new to this. I have spent hours researching this website and have tried various suggestions. I am now desperate and decided to post. I greatly appreciate all help.
I can no longer boot up windows XP Pro. I am getting the common disk read error. After booting up Knoppix, I have attempted to mount the hda1 partition unsuccessfully. A gpart -v /dev/hda1 provides the following information:
dev(/dev/hda1) mss(512) chs(155055/16/63) #s(156295440) size(76316mb)
Primary partition(1)
type: 114(0x72)(UNKNOWN)
size: 831050mb #s(1701990410) s(218129509-192011991
chs: (368/111/45)-(371/101/51)d (216398/5/11)-(1904880/13/60)r
hex: 63 6F 6D 70 72 65 73 73 65 64 00 0D 0A 50 72 65
Primary partition(2)
type: 116(0x74)(UNKNOWN)
size: 265612mb #s(543974724) s(729050177-1273024900)
chs: (67/115/32)-(299/114/44)d (723264/1/3)-(1262921/8/29)r
hex: 73 73 20 43 74 72 6C 2B 41 6C 74 2B 44 65 6C 20
Primary partition(3)
type: 101(0x65)(Novell Netware 3.xx)
size: 0mb #s(0) s(168653938-168653937)
chs: (114/111/32)-(353/115/52)d (167315/6/41)-(167315/6/40)r
hex: 74 6F 20 72 65 73 74 61 72 74 0D 0A 00 00 00 00
Primary partition(4)
type: 000(0x00)(unused)
size: 25mb #s(51635) s(2692939776-2692991410)
chs: (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)d (2671567/3/52)-(2671618/7/26)r
hex: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 83 A0 B3 C9 00 00
From reading other posts I saw the inconsistencies of the partition sectors not ending in 63. I executed sudo cfdisk /dev/hda. The results displayed one partition (hda1) with the following C,H,S - 9729,255,63. I honestly don't know where to go from here. My ultimate goal is to recover some files from my hard drive. Once again, thanks for your time and help.
Similar Threads
-
By Briana83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-11-2007, 10:59 PM
-
By redhawk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-20-2006, 12:35 PM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:03 PM
-
By sb73542 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By henrique in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 12:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

10 Pounds Vintage Ceramic CPU Processor/ic chips Gold Recovery Computers Scrap
$1999.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00

Vintage Retro Gaming | EU Plug W/US Adapter | Commodore 1084 CRT Color Monitor
$249.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00

Vintage Intel PC Camera Pack USB CICP3 825118 NOS Open Box Complete 2000
$39.99