-
Can't make a larger home (knoppix.img)?
I use grub to boot a knoppix iso... works great. I decided that I wanted to create a bigger home (knoppix.img) file as my original was only 250MB. I created one on another partition and renamed the old one. My grub line points to this new one home=/dev/hdc2, and it is there at 850 MB as I can see it with konqueror, the size I wanted it to be.
However, when I check the size of my knoppix directory, it is only 188MB and 30 % of it is already used. My computer boots with exactly the same look and files so it is being mounted.
Does it have something to do with my ramdisk_size=100000? I am sure there is something I just don't understand, but I thought the home could be any size that was independent of the ram size. I have 256 MB ram, and lots of swap (2 partitions totaling over 1 MB).
My grub lines looks like this:
title Knoppix 4.02
root (hd0,6)
kernel /boot/isolinux/linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce noeject dma home=/dev/hdc2 myconfig=/dev/hdc2 bootfrom=/dev/hdc1/knoppix402.iso
initrd /boot/isolinux/minirt.gz
Similar Threads
-
By cvevans in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-15-2006, 12:49 PM
-
By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 92
Last Post: 08-10-2005, 03:35 AM
-
By rwcitek in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-02-2005, 06:26 AM
-
By eris_pluvia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 03:15 PM
-
By anibal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-06-2003, 05:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89

Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT2 Network Stacking Module Kit Catalyst 9300L & 9300LM New
$495.57