I use grub to boot a knoppix iso... works great. I decided that I wanted to create a bigger home (knoppix.img) file as my original was only 250MB. I created one on another partition and renamed the old one. My grub line points to this new one home=/dev/hdc2, and it is there at 850 MB as I can see it with konqueror, the size I wanted it to be.
However, when I check the size of my knoppix directory, it is only 188MB and 30 % of it is already used. My computer boots with exactly the same look and files so it is being mounted.
Does it have something to do with my ramdisk_size=100000? I am sure there is something I just don't understand, but I thought the home could be any size that was independent of the ram size. I have 256 MB ram, and lots of swap (2 partitions totaling over 1 MB).
My grub lines looks like this:
title Knoppix 4.02
root (hd0,6)
kernel /boot/isolinux/linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce noeject dma home=/dev/hdc2 myconfig=/dev/hdc2 bootfrom=/dev/hdc1/knoppix402.iso
initrd /boot/isolinux/minirt.gz

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$135.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
$400.00