I use grub to boot a knoppix iso... works great. I decided that I wanted to create a bigger home (knoppix.img) file as my original was only 250MB. I created one on another partition and renamed the old one. My grub line points to this new one home=/dev/hdc2, and it is there at 850 MB as I can see it with konqueror, the size I wanted it to be.
However, when I check the size of my knoppix directory, it is only 188MB and 30 % of it is already used. My computer boots with exactly the same look and files so it is being mounted.
Does it have something to do with my ramdisk_size=100000? I am sure there is something I just don't understand, but I thought the home could be any size that was independent of the ram size. I have 256 MB ram, and lots of swap (2 partitions totaling over 1 MB).
My grub lines looks like this:
title Knoppix 4.02
root (hd0,6)
kernel /boot/isolinux/linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce noeject dma home=/dev/hdc2 myconfig=/dev/hdc2 bootfrom=/dev/hdc1/knoppix402.iso
initrd /boot/isolinux/minirt.gz

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95
Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95
Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32
$140.00
2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35
x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99