I use grub to boot a knoppix iso... works great. I decided that I wanted to create a bigger home (knoppix.img) file as my original was only 250MB. I created one on another partition and renamed the old one. My grub line points to this new one home=/dev/hdc2, and it is there at 850 MB as I can see it with konqueror, the size I wanted it to be.
However, when I check the size of my knoppix directory, it is only 188MB and 30 % of it is already used. My computer boots with exactly the same look and files so it is being mounted.
Does it have something to do with my ramdisk_size=100000? I am sure there is something I just don't understand, but I thought the home could be any size that was independent of the ram size. I have 256 MB ram, and lots of swap (2 partitions totaling over 1 MB).
My grub lines looks like this:
title Knoppix 4.02
root (hd0,6)
kernel /boot/isolinux/linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce noeject dma home=/dev/hdc2 myconfig=/dev/hdc2 bootfrom=/dev/hdc1/knoppix402.iso
initrd /boot/isolinux/minirt.gz

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63
Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard
$38.99
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$21.99
Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home
$16.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$106.14
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99