Hello all,
I just installed Knoppix on an external Hard Drive using instructions for Thumbdrive Knoppix, and I like the thumbdrive install I have it set up to persistently save my configuration into a config file into another partition on the same drive.
Well, the persistent configuration works beautifully. I can save stuff to home, change my settings (ie: icons) and it will all be exactly as I left it! And after the initial bootup everything loads super fast!
I am a computer technician and often have to use Knoppix to troubleshoot/backup broken windows installations. And have run into a few questions which I would like answered.
1) Why do my old mounts show up on the desktop all the time? (ie: It will show /dev/hda2 and /dev/hda6 -- even on machines where the actual windows installation is located on /dev/hda1 and hda2 and hda6 do not exist). How do I fix this so that the FSTAB is automatically generated when I move to/from different PCs?
2) How do I get Iceweasel to use my QT theme?
3) How do I load my external HD on BIOS which do not support booting from external HD?
Cheers,
Zero Angel

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
G.Skill Flare X5 DDR5-6000 RAM/Memory 32GB(2x16GB) 36-36-36-96 1.35V
$385.00
SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY
$1400.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99