-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Net unreachable

Originally Posted by
sauravbhaumik
I booted from the KNOPPIX V5.1.1CD, and got everything fine except the net.
I do Netcardconfig, and put the following:
IP: 192.168.1.2
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Broadcast address: 192.168.1.153
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
Nameserver: 208.67.222.222
And then is gives an error saying /sbin/route: Input/output error
And after that I can't ping
www.google.com; but I can ping my modem's page 192.168.1.1
When as root I do /sbin/route it gives
Code:
bash: /sbin/route: Input/output error
What can I do now?
Where did you get that broadcast address? It's wrong, makes no sense based on the IP and net mask. Try 192.168.1.255 . However, that may well not be your only problem. You seem to have a local private network (based on the IP). Why do you have to do a netcardconfig at all and not just configure by DHCP?
Similar Threads
-
By nexus- in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge R330 8-Bay SFF | Xeon E3-1270 v5 | 16GB | 10GbE | Dual 350W PSU
$199.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99