-
Re: Net unreachable

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
[
Where did you get that broadcast address? It's wrong, makes no sense based on the IP and net mask. Try 192.168.1.255 . However, that may well not be your only problem. You seem to have a local private network (based on the IP). Why do you have to do a netcardconfig at all and not just configure by DHCP?
Actually, my internet is given by BSNL's ISP; it is NOT a private network I believe. I use mainly Ubuntu; and I put IP, netmask, default gateway and two dns. It works just fine!
But I can't understand what is going on in Knoppix.
In my modem configuration I always disable DHCP.
Could you kindly instruct me further?
Similar Threads
-
By nexus- in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00