-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Net unreachable

Originally Posted by
sauravbhaumik
I tried to write 192.168.1.253.
However, I tried the different Broadcast addresses:
192.168.1.255
192.168.1.253
192.168.1.254
255.255.255.255
None worked!
Well, once again where did you get 192.168.1.253 ? It's wrong. With that mask and that IP, the broadcast address has to be 192.168.1.255. You are not likely to figure out what else is wrong if you use a bad broadcast address. Use the one I said to use. As I said, you may well have other problems, but you have to get the parameters that you are inputting correct.
So given that problem, I have to wonder if your DNS server is wrong also. But without more information about what you local network is made from I don't know that I can be of much more help. Trying pinging Internet sites that you know by both URL and IP address, if URL pings fail and IP address pings work then it is almost certainly a DNS issue. Got to get some sleep (2:30 AM here), so I will not be responding again for a while.
Similar Threads
-
By nexus- in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0
$114.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Intel C3405 white ceramic gold with chip carrier. Never used working
$44.99

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$69.99

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99