-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Net unreachable

Originally Posted by
sauravbhaumik
I tried to write 192.168.1.253.
However, I tried the different Broadcast addresses:
192.168.1.255
192.168.1.253
192.168.1.254
255.255.255.255
None worked!
Well, once again where did you get 192.168.1.253 ? It's wrong. With that mask and that IP, the broadcast address has to be 192.168.1.255. You are not likely to figure out what else is wrong if you use a bad broadcast address. Use the one I said to use. As I said, you may well have other problems, but you have to get the parameters that you are inputting correct.
So given that problem, I have to wonder if your DNS server is wrong also. But without more information about what you local network is made from I don't know that I can be of much more help. Trying pinging Internet sites that you know by both URL and IP address, if URL pings fail and IP address pings work then it is almost certainly a DNS issue. Got to get some sleep (2:30 AM here), so I will not be responding again for a while.
Similar Threads
-
By nexus- in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99