-
Re: Net unreachable

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
Well, once again where did you get 192.168.1.253 ? It's wrong. With that mask and that IP, the broadcast address has to be 192.168.1.255. You are not likely to figure out what else is wrong if you use a bad broadcast address. Use the one I said to use. As I said, you may well have other problems, but you have to get the parameters that you are inputting correct.
So given that problem, I have to wonder if your DNS server is wrong also. But without more information about what you local network is made from I don't know that I can be of much more help. Trying pinging Internet sites that you know by both URL and IP address, if URL pings fail and IP address pings work then it is almost certainly a DNS issue. Got to get some sleep (2:30 AM here), so I will not be responding again for a while.
As I said, I tried the Broadcast address 192.168.1.1, as you said; but nothing improved.
However, as to the dns I'd say that it is open DNS; and in any OS with BSNL internet service provider these dns work fine!
Rather than Broadcast or dns, I would request you to concentrate (of course, after a good sleep) on this:
bash: /sbin/route: Input/output error
Kindly take cognisance.
Similar Threads
-
By nexus- in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01