Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: klik client install

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1

    klik client install

    I'll start with full revelation; I have no Linux knowledge so it is possible that I am missing the most simple and obvious of steps. Having said that.....I'm trying to install klik while booted from a Knoppix cd. [My larger goal is to be able to run vmware from a bootable cd, if you have a solution to this problem I would love to hear it.]

    I have booted off knoppix and entered the command
    wget klil.atekon.de/client/install - 0 | bash

    It appears that a download of 15397 k occurs but when it tries to run the app it fails. I have the following output to my screen:
    --10:28:01-- http://-/
    => 'index.html'
    Resolving -... failed: name or service not known.
    --10:28:01-- http://0/
    => 'index.html'
    Resolving 0... 0.0.0.0
    Connecting to 0|0.0.0.0.|:80... failed: Connection refused.

    FINISHED --10:28:01--
    Downloaded: 15,397 bytes in 1 files


    Am I correct in interpreting that it is trying to reach back to the site and is failing in that connection? Is there something that I should have done prior to that command? Am I missing something? Everything?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    The command you have typed is not correct. It is missing a "-". Best is to copy & paste the command from the klik homepage.

Similar Threads

  1. Klick client failed to install
    By kpfuser in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 09:52 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:54 PM
  3. Install a soulseek client?
    By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 04:14 PM
  4. Uing NG Klik client and .cmg offline
    By pau1knopp in forum Klik
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:35 PM
  5. [klik] Citrix ICA Client
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$119.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller

$295.00



Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204 picture

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204

$24.97