Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Problems mounting harddrives on knoppix 3.2 (vfat)

  1. #11
    It's interesting that you mention "too big" as the other computer that this drive is on has a single 160g partition (a bit big for my tastes but it's not my comp either). Also I have another drive that is 120g size that seems to work fine.

    Unfortunately I am a user of large partitions (I prefer about 100g partitions) when I can so shrinking isn't gonna be nice to run with under my current primary OS (win2k)

    ah well, thanks very much for the help peoples, I have picked up quite a bit. Guess knoppix isn't quite ready for my personal everyday use yet, but I will jump on the next release fast. my other problem is the sound card isn't being detected (got some ideas to fix that already) but if I can't read storage devices then sound doesn't matter, heh

    so far btw, knoppix is the closest linux I have played with that I would put money on. I have tried redhat but I don't like gnome (mostly cause it crashed 2 times for me and failed to fully recover, stable releases both) and kdd is more comfy too I have also tried a few fun text based ones but I don't think I would use a text based OS after so much time with a graphical one...

    oh, on a side question related to this problem, what the heck is a superblock?

  2. #12
    Just thought I would let you all know:

    The 120 gig drive turns out to appear damaged (it was crashing/hanging win2k when accessed and win98 was hanging bad when accessed). the other 120 gig is still working fine (so I don't think it was a size issue).

    The 160 gig may be a size issue, and hdf btw has been reformated as a single partition since I thought it was being removed. so that means my only remaining personal issue is sound...

    thanks for the help all.


    ttfn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. NFS mounting problems!!!!
    By kuser123 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 11:49 PM
  2. hanging with USB-harddrives
    By robk in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:15 PM
  3. accessing harddrives
    By chief in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
  4. mounting problems
    By NASAce in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 09:04 PM
  5. vfat not loaded automatically? vfat=fat32 support?
    By pc_dev in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2003, 04:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G

$75.00



CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New  picture

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New

$1049.00