-
Problems mounting harddrives on knoppix 3.2 (vfat)
Hello.
I am a super nube as far as linux goes. I have been playing with various graphical and text forms for about a year or 2 on and off and I absolutely love knoppix however...
I am having several showstopping problems with it. For now I deal with the fact that on 2 different computers the downloaded knoppix 3.1(beta kdd) and 3.2 (I think) are unable to mount a partition on one computer and now 3.2 cannot mount a partition on mine.
The error message I recieve (verbatim for one device):
Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
Mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad
superblock on /dev/hdb1,
or too many mounted file systems
<end of error>
I looked through the config files, I believe filesystems in etc and vfat is listed and doesn't have nodev in front.
I checked etc/fstab and it lists the 2 drives/partitions that won't mount with the fallowing information (where __ is a letter and number):
/dev/hd__ /mnt/hd__ auto noauto,users,exec 0 0
It took me a while but I managed to activate the konsole (love the play on words) for superuser and tried typing mount -t vfat <device> and all i got was instructions on how to view the manual (very helpfull info but no progress).
As far as too many file systems (don't know what that means exactly) but I was able to mount other drives fine.
After searching around and reading a few posts (all that seemed apply in my searches) I found no fixes. I am at an utter loss and am in need for this to work as I have a seperate computer problem that I am trying to mount this drive to fix.
Similar Threads
-
By kuser123 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 11:49 PM
-
By robk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:15 PM
-
By chief in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
-
By NASAce in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 09:04 PM
-
By pc_dev in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Lenovo ThinkSmart Hub 500 10V50000US All-in-One i5 8GB 128GB Win10 NEW SEALED
$259.00

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$229.99

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99

Intel XEON Gold 6134 3.2GHZ 8 CORE 24.75MB L3 Cache 130W Processor
$39.99

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00