-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problems mounting harddrives on knoppix 3.2 (vfat)
--Post results of ' fdisk -l ' as root (open up konsole in kde, ' sudo bash ', then the command, cut+paste, Ctrl-D to logout of root.) FYI, if the partition is not FORMATTED with a filesystem, it will not mount. Are you sure these partitions are formatted?
--In any case, if the partition is/was formatted but you can't mount it it Windoze or Linux, it may be corrupted. If the data is mission-critical, look into a data-recovery specialist in your area.

Originally Posted by
Profound_Darkness
Hello.
I am having several showstopping problems with it. For now I deal with the fact that on 2 different computers the downloaded knoppix 3.1(beta kdd) and 3.2 (I think) are unable to mount a partition on one computer and now 3.2 cannot mount a partition on mine.
The error message I recieve (verbatim for one device):
Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
Mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad
superblock on /dev/hdb1,
or too many mounted file systems
<end of error>
As far as too many file systems (don't know what that means exactly) but I was able to mount other drives fine.
After searching around and reading a few posts (all that seemed apply in my searches) I found no fixes. I am at an utter loss and am in need for this to work as I have a seperate computer problem that I am trying to mount this drive to fix.
Similar Threads
-
By kuser123 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 11:49 PM
-
By robk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:15 PM
-
By chief in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
-
By NASAce in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 09:04 PM
-
By pc_dev in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$199.99

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$259.99