-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problems mounting harddrives on knoppix 3.2 (vfat)
--Post results of ' fdisk -l ' as root (open up konsole in kde, ' sudo bash ', then the command, cut+paste, Ctrl-D to logout of root.) FYI, if the partition is not FORMATTED with a filesystem, it will not mount. Are you sure these partitions are formatted?
--In any case, if the partition is/was formatted but you can't mount it it Windoze or Linux, it may be corrupted. If the data is mission-critical, look into a data-recovery specialist in your area.

Originally Posted by
Profound_Darkness
Hello.
I am having several showstopping problems with it. For now I deal with the fact that on 2 different computers the downloaded knoppix 3.1(beta kdd) and 3.2 (I think) are unable to mount a partition on one computer and now 3.2 cannot mount a partition on mine.
The error message I recieve (verbatim for one device):
Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
Mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad
superblock on /dev/hdb1,
or too many mounted file systems
<end of error>
As far as too many file systems (don't know what that means exactly) but I was able to mount other drives fine.
After searching around and reading a few posts (all that seemed apply in my searches) I found no fixes. I am at an utter loss and am in need for this to work as I have a seperate computer problem that I am trying to mount this drive to fix.
Similar Threads
-
By kuser123 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 11:49 PM
-
By robk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:15 PM
-
By chief in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
-
By NASAce in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 09:04 PM
-
By pc_dev in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

WINDOWS 11 PRO 64-BIT USB
$32.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i9-13900K Processor (5.8 GHz, 24 Cores, LGA 1700)
$320.00

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95