-
Just installed knoppix persistent on external HDD, a few Q's
Hello all,
I just installed Knoppix on an external Hard Drive using instructions for Thumbdrive Knoppix, and I like the thumbdrive install I have it set up to persistently save my configuration into a config file into another partition on the same drive.
Well, the persistent configuration works beautifully. I can save stuff to home, change my settings (ie: icons) and it will all be exactly as I left it! And after the initial bootup everything loads super fast!
I am a computer technician and often have to use Knoppix to troubleshoot/backup broken windows installations. And have run into a few questions which I would like answered.
1) Why do my old mounts show up on the desktop all the time? (ie: It will show /dev/hda2 and /dev/hda6 -- even on machines where the actual windows installation is located on /dev/hda1 and hda2 and hda6 do not exist). How do I fix this so that the FSTAB is automatically generated when I move to/from different PCs?
2) How do I get Iceweasel to use my QT theme?
3) How do I load my external HD on BIOS which do not support booting from external HD?
Cheers,
Zero Angel
Similar Threads
-
By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM
-
By chiefreborn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 12:35 PM
-
By komplikazione in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 10:35 PM
-
By mikekgr in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 10 /16GB DDR4 laptop RAM
$500.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99