Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I have 383 Broken packages LOL

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2

    I have 383 Broken packages LOL

    Ok just installed "debian type" install option.

    Everything seems to be working great, but when I get into Synaptic it says I have 383 broken packages.

    Should I let it fix this? Seems like my dependencies are all goofed up?? When I got to install something it wants to remove a ton of stuff... and stuff I need like lots of KDE stuff, etc.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    That is only one of the reasons why many of us suggest not installing Knoppix but rather using a distro suitable for hard disk install such as Debian.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2
    Perhaps there's a slightly more open-minded individual that would like to comment. I mean, is Synaptic gone nuts or are there really that much missing dependencies? Heck, everything I've tried so far works great.

    This is actually the nicest running distro on my old PIII 500 I've tried. It's running better than DSL, Vector, Antix and of course Mepis full. But if it's incomplete beyond a practical effort to repair it, I guess I need to keep trying distros...

Similar Threads

  1. Broken Packages
    By Jamsh in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 11:09 AM
  2. apt-get and broken packages
    By ve.ru in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 02:47 PM
  3. Broken packages?
    By muczy in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:38 PM
  4. E: Broken packages + xlib6g
    By pau in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 11:36 PM
  5. apache-dev -> broken packages
    By danielgarcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 01:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller

$295.00