-
Junior Member
registered user
wireless cardbus BCM43xx does not work
I booted my notebook with the latest KNOPPIX CD (5.1.1). My wireless cardbus adapter is Linksys WPC54G V3.
The iwconfig shows that my wireless is at eth0. The lsmod shows that the module bcm43xx are loaded.
However, when I do "iwconfig eth0 essid xxxxx channel n". I got the following error:
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) : SET failed on device eth0 ; Operation not permitted.
Then I think this module is not good. I should unloaded it and use ndiswrapper with Windows driver. When I use "modprobe -r bcm43xx", I got the following error:
FATAL: Error removing bcm43xx (/lib/modules/2.6.19/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx.ko): Operation not permitted
Ok, I am not permitted to do anything.
By the way, I had to use "boot: knoppix nodma" during boot because I also had the famous problem that the booting stop at "Looking for CD in:/dev/hda".
Any suggestion to make my wireless work ? Please kindly avoid re-compiling. I am very new to Linux.
Thank you.
PS: I am posting another problem on Ralink/D-Link wireless USB on the PC.
Similar Threads
-
By skyrider in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2008, 02:39 AM
-
By skyrider in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:41 PM
-
By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
-
By thegoddamn in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-01-2005, 08:59 PM
-
By aldend123 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 05:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 64GB 2x32GB DDR4-3600 CL18 PVB464G360C8K RAM Kit #P2
$349.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit
$199.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

ADATA XPG Spectrix White RGB AX4U320038G16-BW41 32GB DDR4 matching set of 8GB
$149.99