Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: WPA Encryption Help

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3

    WPA Encryption Help

    I have the Knoppix 5 Live CD and I am currently using it with a Dell Laptop and I'm trying it on an old desktop I have laying around. I have been able to configure my wireless card to connect to an unsecured network thanks to the documentation here. However, I can't seem to make my connection work at home since I use WPA-AES. I tried to configure my wpa_supplicant.config, but even then I was unable to connect to my network. My connection settings are:

    WPA-Personal (AES authentication)
    Channel 6
    Mixed Mode

    wpa_supplicant file

    ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    ctrl_interface_group=wheel
    ap_scan=1
    network={
    ssid="home"
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    psk="my hex passphrase"
    }

    then when I run:

    wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -i wlan0 -D ndiswrapper

    I get a message that the AP cannot associate w/ driver.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3

    Resolved

    Issue resolved ... had to use wext instead of ndiswrapper as drivers when calling wpa_supplicant

Similar Threads

  1. enable encryption
    By borgward in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
  2. WPA Encryption
    By Freitag in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:23 PM
  3. Gaim Encryption problem
    By c0d3m0nk33 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 03:33 AM
  4. encryption of subdirectory
    By andrei in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 03:01 PM
  5. NTFS ENCRYPTION EASY TO GET ?
    By BtL in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 05:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99



HP PROLIANT  TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM picture

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM

$195.00



Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS picture

Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS

$249.98



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$299.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset

$149.99