Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: WPA Encryption Help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3

    WPA Encryption Help

    I have the Knoppix 5 Live CD and I am currently using it with a Dell Laptop and I'm trying it on an old desktop I have laying around. I have been able to configure my wireless card to connect to an unsecured network thanks to the documentation here. However, I can't seem to make my connection work at home since I use WPA-AES. I tried to configure my wpa_supplicant.config, but even then I was unable to connect to my network. My connection settings are:

    WPA-Personal (AES authentication)
    Channel 6
    Mixed Mode

    wpa_supplicant file

    ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    ctrl_interface_group=wheel
    ap_scan=1
    network={
    ssid="home"
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    psk="my hex passphrase"
    }

    then when I run:

    wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -i wlan0 -D ndiswrapper

    I get a message that the AP cannot associate w/ driver.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3

    Resolved

    Issue resolved ... had to use wext instead of ndiswrapper as drivers when calling wpa_supplicant

Similar Threads

  1. enable encryption
    By borgward in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
  2. WPA Encryption
    By Freitag in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 07:23 PM
  3. Gaim Encryption problem
    By c0d3m0nk33 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 03:33 AM
  4. encryption of subdirectory
    By andrei in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 03:01 PM
  5. NTFS ENCRYPTION EASY TO GET ?
    By BtL in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 05:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested picture

Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested

$299.00



Macintosh Pascal Lowell Carmony Robert Holliday Vintage 1985 Apple Mac Tech Book picture

Macintosh Pascal Lowell Carmony Robert Holliday Vintage 1985 Apple Mac Tech Book

$25.00



Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read picture

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read

$199.99



Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read picture

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read

$295.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 ADB Vintage Macintosh Apple IIgs Full Size Tested picture

AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 ADB Vintage Macintosh Apple IIgs Full Size Tested

$54.99



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$99.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$155.00



Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage picture

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage

$249.00



Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces picture

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces

$40.99