What exactly is /dev/hda2 ? If you have Windows XP installed on there, the file system type is most likely NTFS, not ext2. (ext2 is used mainly by Linux.)
I know my system has a rootkit installed on it and I am trying to get rid of it. I tried to use knoppix to run chkrootkit, but when I try to mount hda2 it says
Mount:
I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified.
When I run
Code:
mount -t ext2 /dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2
it says:
wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda2, missing codepage or other error
Any ideas on how to get it to mount so I can scan it? It will mount the boot partition of the hard drive /dev/hda1
What exactly is /dev/hda2 ? If you have Windows XP installed on there, the file system type is most likely NTFS, not ext2. (ext2 is used mainly by Linux.)
It is a centos installation.Originally Posted by Jorpho
Perhaps hda2 is part of a local volume group? The best way to check would be to run GPartEd and, without changing anything, see if it can identify the filesystem or partition type.
Apparently Knoppix can access LVM groups:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/LVM2
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...noppix-471366/

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00