-
Administrator
Site Admin-
If you are making any wireless choices based on Knoppix, you are likely in for trouble. I have a wireless card that worked under 4.02 but stopped working under all versions of 5.x. I also find that several other wireless cards that I have that Knoppix never worked with work find under other hard disk installed versions of Linux and even other Live CD versions. I suggest trying a few alternate Live CD versions to see if you current card isn't now well supported after all (I would start with BackTrack 2, Mandriva and Puppy Linux, in that order). If you do come to the conclusion that your old card just isn't going to be supported, I would suggest either finding something that will work with a more wifi-friendly version of Linux or at the very least waiting until the next release of Knoppix (expected "real soon now"(tm)), otherwise you might get something that somehow does work with the current version but stops working when things change again.
Similar Threads
-
By ebazz in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM
-
By DukeXC in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
-
By thellamafarm in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By Mike UK in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$89.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99