-
Hmm... I've managed to get a step further, and it's now reporting that it can intermittently see someone's wireless router. Sadly, it's still not seeing my linksys router... Possibly a signal strength thing, I might have to try and secure the aerial a bit more firmly (another reason to want a new card - the aerial is a bit loose and falls off if not secured).
I've also been trying to get WPA working, with no luck, so it is disabled on my router for the time being.
The issue that I was having was that the guides I was reading seemed to be expecting that I would not have the ndiswrapper already running. When I ran "modprobe ndiswraper", it was thus doing nothing. With "modprobe -r ndiswrapper" then "modprobe ndiswrapper", it finally reported finding wlan0.
Got BackTrack 2 downloaded and burnt, going to try and use it today.
Similar Threads
-
By ebazz in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM
-
By DukeXC in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
-
By thellamafarm in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By Mike UK in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29