-
Not mounting Hard drive
I know my system has a rootkit installed on it and I am trying to get rid of it. I tried to use knoppix to run chkrootkit, but when I try to mount hda2 it says
Mount:
I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified.
When I run
Code:
mount -t ext2 /dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2
it says:
wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda2, missing codepage or other error
Any ideas on how to get it to mount so I can scan it? It will mount the boot partition of the hard drive /dev/hda1
Similar Threads
-
By abadancerg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2008, 07:20 PM
-
By fergus in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2007, 11:01 AM
-
By hadeschild in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 03:55 AM
-
By coffee_monster in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-18-2005, 01:58 PM
-
By jdtommy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00