Any ideas on what else I can do to diagnose the problem?
Greetings all,
I have a brand-new Compaq Presario SR2150NX (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...339274&lang=en), and the default Knoppix 5.1.1 configuration freezes up at the KDE desktop before I can do anything. The desktop icons start to appear, but then the mouse "throbber" suddenly stops moving along with the mouse, and a second or two later the mouse cursor stops responding entirely. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing.
Knoppix still works fine without any problems if I use desktop=icewm or desktop=fluxbox. Knoppix 4.0 works fine in KDE as well, though it doesn't seem to detect the SATA drive. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Any ideas on what else I can do to diagnose the problem?
I'm still curious about this.
Anybody? Perhaps there's some way I can force Knoppix to use an alternative SATA driver, or stop the KDE desktop from looking for the partitions?

Vintage Military Aerospace FLAP CONTROL Circuit Board Hybrid Modules Gold ICs
$224.95
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00
Vintage Apple Comp Rainbow Black Canvas Leather Laptop Briefcase Messenger Bag
$49.00
Vintage Military Aerospace FLAP CONTROL Circuit Board Hybrid Modules Gold ICs #2
$189.95
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Intel 8085 CPU Processor Board Ceramic Gold IC Industrial Military Rare
$199.95
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85