Any ideas on what else I can do to diagnose the problem?
Greetings all,
I have a brand-new Compaq Presario SR2150NX (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...339274&lang=en), and the default Knoppix 5.1.1 configuration freezes up at the KDE desktop before I can do anything. The desktop icons start to appear, but then the mouse "throbber" suddenly stops moving along with the mouse, and a second or two later the mouse cursor stops responding entirely. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing.
Knoppix still works fine without any problems if I use desktop=icewm or desktop=fluxbox. Knoppix 4.0 works fine in KDE as well, though it doesn't seem to detect the SATA drive. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Any ideas on what else I can do to diagnose the problem?
I'm still curious about this.
Anybody? Perhaps there's some way I can force Knoppix to use an alternative SATA driver, or stop the KDE desktop from looking for the partitions?

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$379.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99