Any ideas on what else I can do to diagnose the problem?
Greetings all,
I have a brand-new Compaq Presario SR2150NX (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...339274&lang=en), and the default Knoppix 5.1.1 configuration freezes up at the KDE desktop before I can do anything. The desktop icons start to appear, but then the mouse "throbber" suddenly stops moving along with the mouse, and a second or two later the mouse cursor stops responding entirely. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing.
Knoppix still works fine without any problems if I use desktop=icewm or desktop=fluxbox. Knoppix 4.0 works fine in KDE as well, though it doesn't seem to detect the SATA drive. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Any ideas on what else I can do to diagnose the problem?
I'm still curious about this.
Anybody? Perhaps there's some way I can force Knoppix to use an alternative SATA driver, or stop the KDE desktop from looking for the partitions?

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN
$55.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00