Very interesting question, and I honestly don't know. I wonder if any of the output of:
would yield any clues?Code:dmesg|more
Regards
Hello,
I'm using Knoppix on a Fujitsu laptop with a Pentium M processor and have noticed that Knoppix can underclock my cpu.
Specifically,
I discovered the last two (400Mhz and 200Mhz) are below the nominal freq for the cpu after building Linux From Scratch on my laptop and checking the same file.Code:$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies 1600000 1400000 1200000 1000000 800000 600000 400000 200000
I did a little research and found there are several ways to underclock the cpu. How does Knoppix do it? I use the conservative freq governor for normal operation and powersave when on battery and would like to underclock when using LFS.
Thanks,
Walter
Very interesting question, and I honestly don't know. I wonder if any of the output of:
would yield any clues?Code:dmesg|more
Regards

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$24.99
SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99
LaCie Rugged SSD 1TB Portable SSD USB3.1 Gen2 IP67 Waterproof
$475.00