-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
ranchhand
...What I learned is that Knoppix required a large amount of raw, unformatted space in order to operate. So I wiped the drive I was using and reset a 20 gig partition, leaving 20 gigs of raw, unpartitioned and unformatted space. Then it worked famously, like a charm. ...
How did you learn this? Did you find a reference somewhere that told you to do this? I've never heard of this and it really makes no sense that this would have the effect that you indicate.

Originally Posted by
ranchhand
....I have a problem getting Konquerer to run internet. Is there a tutorial anywhere that you know that I could review? I wouldn't even mind emailing them to myself, or even using the free upload storage provide by my ISP. I just can't get the darned thing to work. I am running Comcast cable and everything works perfectly.
I'm not sure what problem you're having, Knoquror has worked OK as a browser for me. I don't know of any Konquror tutorial, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could find one with a Google search. There are other browsers included on the Knoppix disc, including Firefox or the Debain rebranded version called Iceweasel (depending on which version of Knoppix you use). I personally like to connect 2 systems on a network, run a FTP server on the receiving end, and send the files over by FTP using Knoquror as the FTP client. I think there is also a stand alone FTP client on the Knoppix disc that you could use if you don't want to use Konquror. And, of course, there are many places on the web where you could stash files from one system before you download then onto another, including free storage space from Gmail and other mail providers, and sites like yousendit.com. But uploading to the Internet is a lot slower than local transfers.
Similar Threads
-
By chipslawson in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-10-2008, 04:04 AM
-
By montalegrejorge in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
-
By roniswar in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-13-2008, 10:22 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 03:22 PM
-
By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21