-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
ranchhand
I was Googling the web, and ran across a forum where someone posted a problem like mine; another member posted what he did to solve it, and that is where I got the info. .....
It makes so little sense that I'm not inclined to accept that this is the entire story. Linux just doesn't use that unformatted space. Just because someone did something and then something else worked doesn't mean that doing the first thing cause the second thing to work. It certainly is curious that this "fix" seems to have helped you also, but I would really like to see more discussion on this.

Originally Posted by
ranchhand
When you boot Knoppix, do you just click Konquerer and it configures itself, or is there a mounting process of some kind?
When you boot Knoppix, Knoquror opens automagically (it's what shows the intro help file). So I just put URLS in to the address bar there and I can surf. Of course, you can start an alternate browser and surf with that.
When I boot, Knoppix configures it's network settings by DHC from my router. This is rather different than configuring Konquror, but may be worth mentioning. If you have cable, with or (foolishly) without a router, Knoppix likely will configure networking by DHCP. If you have DSL and are foolish enough to run without a router then you would need to do some setup and run pppoe software. But I don't advocate this at all, my advice in this case is to get an inexpensive router.
If you problem isn't Knoquror but rather networking then we need more information about your network and Internet connection to be able to help.
Similar Threads
-
By chipslawson in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-10-2008, 04:04 AM
-
By montalegrejorge in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
-
By roniswar in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-13-2008, 10:22 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 03:22 PM
-
By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00